Saturday, December 10, 2011

A rough week

Two weeks ago I finally gave in to Troy and the kids.  I agreed to get a couple of kittens.  We had a couple before we had kids and they didn't react well when we had Corban.  So I wanted to wait until after the kids were all born and they were old enough to be kind to an animal.  So I said yes.  We headed to the humane society and got these two loving kittens.

Sadly this week the gray one, O'Malley, suddenly wasn't doing very well.  It really was quick.  I took him into the vet and they kept him overnight.  He really didn't improve, in fact he went down hill quite quickly.  By noon the next day he had passed on.  I realize that we only had the cat two weeks, but that is two weeks of playing every day with my kids.  They were devastated.  The worst part of the whole thing is that the other cat could still get it. 

Our other kitten, Marmalade, is getting smothered with love.  She doesn't seem to mind so that is good.  Lillian LOVES her and just can't seem to keep her hands off of her.  Marmalade is often found snuggling up next to one of the kids.  So we are keeping a close eye on Marmalade and praying she doesn't get this virus too.

Mr. O'Malley
 Miss Marmalade


No comments:

Post a Comment